I've been complaining a lot about my job as a teacher in a government high school lately. I don't know when my frustration was accumulated to a point that I just couldn't take it and bawled in front of Leighton. But now that the drama is over, i forced myself to think of the positives. It is amazing to realize that once you start looking, the good things are totally in the reach and very much available. President Hinckley was right--B Positive.
Ten Things That Makes Me Grateful for My Job
1. I work half of the day and can come home early daily to spend time with Leighton.
2. I can have many holidays (so many more days than many of my poor friends) and go places without taking leaves and get my salary cut.
3. I don't have much overtime workload to do and I don't work Saturdays and Sundays.
4. I can go to church on Sundays instead of working.
5. My students respect me and like me when I treat them nicely and joke with them. They even think I am funny.
6. Even though the salary is not too high, at least I can still save enough money for my plane ticket back to the U.S. This is so much better than being unemployed.
7. I can take naps when I come home instead of having to work til late afternoon like my mommy.
8. I can go online and chat with people when I am on my break.
9. I can stay in the air-conditional room instead of sweating my butt off outside during this freak weather.
10. I get to contribute to the society in a small way by teaching the kids to speak, read, write, and listen to Malaysia-accent-free English.